Baked Tandoori-Style Chicken – Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, and Sugar-Free
Tandoori chicken is an Indian classic, and much beloved by our family when we visit Indian restaurants! This tandoori-style chicken has all of the delicious tandoori style flavor of a restaurant style Tandoori Chicken, but is incredibly fast and simple to put together. Because this version is baked in an oven, it doesn’t have the grilled flavor of a traditional Tandoori chicken, but it does have all the other flavors required! Make sure to plan ahead by thawing and marinating your chicken. Otherwise, this is a super quick dinner recipe that the whole family is sure to enjoy.
Baked Tandoori Chicken
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- 1/2 cup Plain Coconut Milk Kefir / Coconut Milk Yogurt
- 3 Garlic Cloves, mashed
- 1" Fresh Ginger, mashed
- 1 tsp Masala Powder (I used the Kitchen King Masala by Everest; you could also use Garam Masala)
- 2 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Cilantro/Coriander Powder
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- Juice of 1 Key Lime
- 1 1/2 tsp Unrefined Oil (olive oil, coconut oil, or avocado oil work well)
- Thaw the chicken completely and remove all the water from it. Cut deep slashes into the chicken breasts. Put to the side.
- Combine all of the other ingredients in a medium size bowl. Ideally, use a thicker kefir or yogurt, since this will stick to the chicken better. But, if the kefir you use is a bit thinner, this is fine too (you will have a sauce that you can eat with the chicken on the side this way).
- Place the chicken breasts cut-side-down in the bowl with the marinade. Make sure that the chicken is completely coated/immersed in the marinade. Cover and put in the fridge for 4-6 hours.
- When you're ready to bake the chicken, preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Put the chicken and all of the sauce directly into a baking pan (an 8x8 pan is a good size, but you can use a larger one too, of course) and put in the oven.
- Bake the chicken for about 30 minutes, then check to make sure it's cooked. There will be extra sauce with the chicken, that's fine. Serve the sauce on the side.
- Serve with a cilantro chutney and a side of rice or naan bread.
Recipe Management Powered by Zip Recipes Plugin
Leave a Comment