Simple Asian Chicken
My husband REALLY loves chicken, so I have had to come up with quick and easy chicken recipes that don’t take an excessive amount of time or energy for the days when I’m otherwise too busy to cook chicken curry or some other similar dish. Plus, I often forget to take the chicken out of the freezer, so this recipe is good for when I’m in a hurry! It can be prepared in about 2 hours, and most of this time is waiting, so you can finish up other household chores during this time.
Simple Asian-Flavored Chicken
- 1 chicken breast, frozen or thawed
- 2 cups purified water
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp Himalayan pink sea salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp chili powder
- Take the frozen or thawed chicken out of its package and place in a wide saucepan about 3 inches deep (you should be able to put a lid on the pan easily with the chicken inside).
- Pour the water into the pan with the chicken. Keep in mind that you may need to add more later if the chicken needs to cook longer.
- Drizzle the olive oil and soy sauce over the chicken breast and sprinkle each of the spices over the top. Some spices may end up in the water, and that's fine!
- Turn on the heat to high to get the water boiling. Once the water is boiling, reduce the heat to medium low and let cook for about 2 hours, checking occasionally. Use a knife to check the inside of the chicken breast to make sure it is fully cooked before removing from heat.
- When the chicken breast is done cooking, remove from the pan and place on a plate. There will be some spiced liquid at the bottom of the pan, leave that for the next part.
- Shred the chicken on the plate, then add it back to the pan and mix with the spices. Turn on medium heat and let the chicken sautee for another 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- This chicken may be stored for up to 3 days in the fridge.
- NOTE: If you have a leftover breast bone, you can put this in some water to boil and create a bone broth on the side (just put the bone in a small pot with 3-4 cups of water and a dash of soy sauce, boil for 15-20 minutes (add more water if needed), and serve with dinner).
Recipe Management Powered by Zip Recipes Plugin
Leave a Comment