Banana-Superfood Homemade Granola
This delicious granola is made with various superfood ingredients to make it a truly powerful travel, work, or school snack. Although tasty on its own or mixed with some non-dairy milk, this homemade granola is also fun on top of your favorite desserts or mixed with pudding or ice cream.
- 2 Ripe Bananas
- 2 TBSP Coconut OIl
- 3 TBSP Oat Flour
- 1 tsp Spirulina
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon Powder
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Cocoa Powder (optional)
- 1 Cup Oats
- 3 TBSP Chia Seeds
- 3 TBSP Flax Seeds
- 1/4 Cup Goji Berries (or raisins; goji berries have a higher nutritional content, though)
- 1/4 Cup Sunflower Seeds
- 1/4 Cup Pepitas/Pumpkin Seeds
- (NOTE: If needed, substitute ground up almonds, walnuts, or pecans, or all three, for the pumpkin and sunflower seeds.)
- Mash banana and coconut oil together in a small bowl.
- Add the oat flour, spirulina, cocoa powder, cinnamon, and sea salt to the mashed banana and coconut oil mixture. Make sure that all the ingredients are well incorporated.
- Add the chia seeds, flax seeds, and oats. Again, mix well.
- Finally, add the goji berries/raisins, sunflower seeds, and pumpkin seeds.
- Spread the mixture thickly on a parchment lined cookie sheet and place in the fridge to set.
- Other fruits like berries, ground nuts, and nut butters (excluding peanut butter) can be added to this granola for extra nutrition and flavor.
Recipe Management Powered by Zip Recipes Plugin
Leave a Comment