Vegan, Gluten-Free Blueberry Muffins
Yields 18 Muffins
Vegan, Wheat-Free, Sugar-Free Blueberry Muffins
10 minPrep Time
22 minCook Time
32 minTotal Time
- 1 1/2 Cups Blueberries (frozen or fresh)
- 1/2 Cup Applesauce
- 1 TBSP Vegetable Oil (any kind)
- 1 1/4 Cup Coconut Sugar
- 2 TBSP White Vinegar
- 2 Tsp Baking Soda
- 2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Cups Rice Flour (any kind)
- 1 1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Milk (or other milk substitute)
- Mix together applesauce, coconut sugar, and oil in mixer on high speed until thoroughly mixed with a light consistency. You can leave this mixture mixing while preparing the other parts of the recipe.
- Combine rice flour, baking powder, and salt in a separate bowl.
- Combine vinegar and baking soda in a separate bowl.
- Put blueberries in a separate bowl, and coat them with about 1 TBSP of rice flour. (NOTE: If you're using frozen blueberries, let them sit out for a while before starting baking. Then, rinse them before coating them with flour. This way, you won't get any unwanted water in the batter from the remaining ice on the blueberries.)
- Add the vinegar-baking soda mixture into the applesauce-sugar-oil mixture. (You can turn the speed on the mixer down at this point.)
- Alternate between sprinkling the rice flour mixture into the mixer, and pouring a little bit of the coconut milk in until both are gone. At this point, the mixture should be a batter.
- Fold in the blueberries with a spoon until incorporated.
- Use a spoon or cookie scoop to drop the batter into baking cups in a muffin sheet.
- Bake for about 22 minutes, then serve!
Leave a Comment